- 1 Cup Dry roast peanuts -- unsalted
- 1/3 Cup Butter or margerine
- 1 Pound Marshmallows
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter
- 3 Cups Puffed rice cereal
- 1 Cup Apricots -- chopped
- 1 Cup Raisins
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, apricots, raisins and peanuts.
- In a microwave safe 13x9", melt butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir; add peanut butter cook on high 2 minutes longer.
- Stir until well blended, add cereal mixture to dish and toss until well coated.
- Working quickly with greased hand, form into balls, using about 1/2 C mixture, per ball. If mixture
begins to harden, cook on high for 30 seconds, or until softened.
- If desired , mixture may be spread in unbuttered 13x9" dish and cooled and cut into bars.
- Makes 1 dozen balls or 2 dozen bars
Similar to the Rice Krispie treats, but with the apricots and raisins it definitely gives it a fall
look. Another idea would be putting the mixture into cookie cutters, and letting it cool. The shapes could be pumpkins, witches,
etc. A little gel piping they would look great.
Happy Halloween !
Trick or Treat