Peanut Butter & Jelly Filled Spiders
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Oven: 375 degrees
- 3 tbsps (reduced fat) peanut butter
- 3 tbsps strawberry jam
- 1 lb Frozen Bread Dough -- thawed
- Prepare two baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and jam; set aside.
- Divide dough into sixteen equal pieces. It takes two pieces of dough to make one spider.
- To make spider, take one piece of dough, on a lightly floured surface, divide this piece into four
equal pieces for spider's legs.
- Roll each of these pieces into thin ropes, each being eight inches long.
- Lay each of these ropes, parallel and equal in length to each other, half inch apart onto prepared
- For the spider's body, divide a second piece of dough, one twice as large as the other.
- On a floured surface, pat larger piece of dough with the palm of your hand to flatten.
- Place two teaspoons peanut butter and jam mixture onto center of circle.
- Bring ends of dough up together and seal seams.
- Gently roll this piece of dough into a ball; set aside.
- Roll smaller piece of dough in a round ball (this will be the spider's head).
- Place peanut butter filled body and head centered on top of the four ropes of dough.
- Finish with remaining pieces of dough to make eight spiders. Each spider should have eight legs.
- Let rise until doubled in size, one hour.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for ten minutes, or until golden brown.
Happy Halloween !
Trick or Treat