Prep Time: 15 min.
Serving Size: 6
- 2 C granulated sugar
- 2 C corn syrup
- 1/3 C cinnamon candy
- 1 C water
- 3/4 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp cloves
- 3/4 Tsp red food coloring
- 6 Med apples
- Remove stems from apples, wash, and pat dry.
- Insert a wooden skewer in each apple, running through the apple from stem end to base without protruding
all the way through the bottom end.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon candies, and water in medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook until candies dissolve, stirring constantly. Be careful not to boil.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and food coloring. Mix thoroughly.
- Boil mixture to 300 degrees using a candy thermometer without stirring.
- While mixture is boiling, generously prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray so it's ready ahead
- As soon as mixture reaches 300 degrees, remove it from heat and quickly dip each apple-one by one-into
the mixture until it is thoroughly coated.
- Set coated apples, standing on their bottoms with skewer pointing up, on baking sheet until mixture
- Let apples reach room temperature before eating.
Happy Halloween !
Trick or Treat